FACT: I live with a cookie monster.
You can never go wrong with sugar cookies – they are always a hit at any party! Sugar cookies are a classic dessert and the best part… they are SUPER easy to make.
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes. Before removing to cool on wire racks, pour some granulated sugar into a small dish and dip the tops of each cookie into the sugar so the top has a nice coating of sugar. Let cool on wire racks for another 5 minutes.
Un po’ di dolce 🙂