Since this Sunday is the polo match at the Greenwich Polo Club, a Pimm’s Cup is the perfect fit for the featured Friday beverage. However, this is our version of the classic Pimm’s Cup, inspired by a drink that I tried last year at BJ Ryan’s in Norwalk, CT. YUM!
The drink to order at polo matches, this fruity concoction gets its name and its alcohol content from Pimm’s No. 1, a British spirit. You can find it at any well-stocked liquor store.
- 1 1/2 cups Pimm’s No. 1
- 3/4 cup firmly packed mint leaves and tender stems
- 1 1/2 cups cold ginger ale or lemon lime soda (we used Limonata Pelligrino)
- 1 cucumber, cut lengthwise into 8 wedges
- About 3 cups ice
- Muddle 2-3 cucumber wedges and mint at the bottom of a shaker.
- Then add in the ice and Pimm’s and shake.
- Pour into four, 1-pint tall glass, then stir in the ginger ale or limonata.
- Put cucumber wedges standing on rim of the glasses.