On Friday, October 25th we celebrated a great holiday… CHAMPAGNE DAY! I think we can all agree that Champagne deserves it’s own holiday, right?!
The event was hosted by President of Henri’s Reserve, Ruth Frantz, and was located at the Southport Galleries in Southport, CT. She welcomed us with some bubbly right at the door – and we knew right then and there that it was going to be a great afternoon!
What’s Henri’s Reserve? It’s an e-boutique for Champange lovers! According to the website, Henri’s Reserve is “A gateway to the seductive world of artisanal bubblies. A place to sit back and indulge in the joie de champagne.” And yes, we would have to agree!
The champagnes that are offered are not something ordinary that you could get at the liquor store down the street. So at Henri’s Reserve, you’ll get original tastes you won’t find anywhere else. It’s all about specialities. Henri’s Reserve provides champagnes that are high quality and exclusive.
The tasting menu consisted of:
Blancs de Blancs – 100% Chardonnay – an exquisite aperitif or with parmesan, oysters, fried chicken
- Guiborat Fils, Grand Cru (Cramant)
- Jacques Lassaigne, Le Vignes de Montgueux (Montgueux)
- Guiborat Fils, 2006, Grand Cru (Cramant)
Brut – Pair with caviar, rich creamy cheeses, Chinese takeout, sushi, curries, or popcorn with truffle butter
- Egly-Quriet, Grand Cru (Ambonnay) – 70% Pinot Noir, 30% Chardonnay
- H. Blin (Vincelles) – 80% Pinot Meunier, 20% Chardonnay
- H. Blin, Millesime, 2002 (Vincelles) – 40% Pinot Meunier, 30% Pinot Noir, 30% Chardonnay
Rose – Pair with “anything pink” – filet, salmon, berries, or complex flavors (like Thanksgiving dinners)
- H. Billiot, Grand Cru (Ambonnay) – 80% Pinot Noir, 20% Chardonnay
Blanc de Noirs – 100% Pinor Noir- perfect with eggs benedict, anything smoked or grilled
- Jean Laurent (Celles-sur-Ource)
And to top it off, we were spoiled with treats from:
We highly recommend that you check out Henri’s Reserve. Whether your a champagne lover or not, Henri’s Reserve is a great place to buy champagne that is truly special. It also makes for a great gift, especially around the holidays or for weddings/bridal showers…. hint, hint! 😉