On Wednesday, 11/20, grab some friends and join the South Norwalk Dishcrawl!
What’s a “Discrawl” you ask? A Dishcrawl is like a Pubcrawl, but with food! For one filling evening, you’ll get to meet fellow foodies, sample specialty dishes at four restaurants, and meet the chefs and owners that work behind the scenes.
Dishcrawl was started in 2010 in San Francisco and its a national company. Dishcrawls are held in NYC, LA, Chicago all major markets across the U.S. Dishcrawls are hosted about once a month in Fairfield County. Before expanding to SoNo Dishcrawled toured through Greenwich, Old Greenwich, Stamford, and New Canaan.
The purpose is to bring people together over food and to highlight the best restaurants in the area. Jesse Leeds-Grant, the Dishcrawl Ambassador here in Fairfield County, hand picks 4 restaurants to visit during the Dishcrawl. He tries to choose restaurants that embrace the community and have a common love of the “foodie scene”. There is usually a different taste to every Dishcrawl and they choose restaurants with a lot of different unique menu items and flavors. The Discrawl team works with the chefs/owners to determine the menu.
The next Dishcrawl is Wednesday, 11/20 in South Norwalk.
- Where can I buy tickets? http://dishcrawl.com/sono/
- How much are tickets? $45 each
- What restaurants will we be visting? It’s a guessing game! They’re keeping the names of the restaurants a secret for now, but here and there they’ll give you some hints. Follow the Fairfield County Dishcrawl team on Twitter @DishcrawlFCT and be the first to know!
- Where does it start? All ticket holders will be notified of meeting location via email, 48 hours prior to the event.
- What if I’m a Vegetarian? Vegetarian options are available, however they may not be able to accommodate other dietary restrictions. If you have any particular requests or have questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Jesse.
- What’s the cancellation policy? Cancellations are taken only if given 48 hours advance notice. All Dishcrawl events are held rain or shine.
- Questions? Contact Jesse, the Fairfield County Dishcrawl Ambassador at email@example.com
To read more about the past Discrawl events in Fairfield County:
You can read about our inaugural Fairfield County Dishcrawl events here:
This is a great opportunity to try some different restaurants in SoNo! So sign up soon… there are only 8 tickets left!!