This year, we wanted to get festive by hosting a New Year’s Eve party Great Gatsby style. To celebrate a very exciting 2013 and a highly anticipated 2014, we ate and sipped the flavors of 1920.
I decorated a small folding table with feathers, long strings of pearls, faux diamonds, and New Year’s Eve paraphernalia.
For cocktails, we sipped the following cocktails:
- Old Fashioneds
- Dirty Martinis
- Mint Juleps
- Champagne cocktail with a splash of St. Germain and a frozen blackberry
- Smoked Salmon Crostini with Lemon and Dill
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Antipasto Platter
- Shrimp Cocktail
- Scallops Wrapped in Bacon
For dinner, I served:
- Pork Roast with Garlic & Rosemary Rub
- Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
- Roasted Green Beens with Slivered Almonds
- Mayo-less Pommery Chicken Salad on Croissants (see recipe below)
Pommery Chicken Salad
- 2 pounds chicken
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup creamy Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup coarse gain mustard
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 10 mini croissants
Cook the chicken in a bit of olive oil, salt, & pepper. Let cool and dice into cubes. Mix together the rest of the ingredients and cover the cubed chicken. Let sit in the refrigerator for about 1 hour or so.
To serve, stuff the mini croissants with the chicken salad to make little sandwiches.
Happy New Year!