Every once in a while, Stew Leonard’s has filet mignon on sale for $9.99 … and we always take advantage of it! Their filet is excellent and this recipe was “rock your world” good!
- 2 medium-sized filets, about a half pound each
- 1 cup ground coffee beans (we used decaf – any type works)
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 medium-sized shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
Wash and pat dry the meat. Make sure the meat is well-dried! This is an important step.
Sprinkle the filet top & bottom with the coffee, salt, and pepper. Gently rub into the filet and let sit for about 1/2 hour or so.
Grill the filet for about 3-4 minutes on high heat a side (top & bottom).
While the meat is cooking on the grill, put the butter and chopped shallots in a sauté pan and let cook on LOW heat – like, the lowest possible setting. This will allow the shallots to get really caramelized in the butter and not let the shallots get browned or burnt. Let these cook for about 4 – 5 minutes and do not let get brown.
Enjoy this delicious meal with a Guinness stout – it makes a great pair!