Get ready! The 4th annual Greenwich Wine + Food Festival is in two weeks (September 25th-27th) and tickets are on sale.
This three-day event benefits Paul Newman’s Hole in the Wall Gang Camp and there will be more than 100 participating restaurants and vendors. Presented by Serendipity Magazine and other sponsors, the festival will feature a Raw Bar wine tasting on Thursday, the “Most Innovative Chefs Gala” on Friday, and the Culinary Village on Saturday. The event is located at the Roger Sherman Baldwin Park in Greenwich, CT.
So who’s going to be there? A lot of really amazing culinary geniuses! Twelve chefs, two pastry chefs and chef restaurateur Jean-Georges Vongerichten will be honored at the event’s “Most Innovative Chefs Gala on Friday evening, as they create and serve up dishes of their ingenious foods. In addition, chef restaurateur, author and television personality Geoffrey Zakarian (Chopped, The Kitchen) will be honored at the event.
This year’s list also includes:
- Devin Bozkaya, The Bedford Post Inn, Bedford, New York
- Gustave Christman, Harvest Wine Bar and Restaurant, Greenwich, Conn.
- Samantha Eichenberg, The Dessertist, Westchester, New York
- Blake Farrar, The Inn at Pound Ridge by Jean-Georges, Pound Ridge, New York
- Giorgio Giacinto, Da Giorgio, New Rochelle, New York
- Anthony Goncalves, 42, White Plains, New York
- Nicholas Martschenko, South End, New Canaan, Conn.
- Chaz Mazas, Mama¹s Boy Southern Table and Refuge, South Norwalk, Conn.
- Forrest Pasternack, Bailey¹s Backyard, Ridgefield, Conn.
- Reuben Palma, Gabriele¹s Italian Steakhouse, Greenwich, Conn.
- Christian Petroni, Fortina, Armonk, New York
- Nancy Roper, TRUCK restaurant, Bedford, New York
- David Synder, Char, Greenwich, Conn.
- Adam Truelove, Napa & Co., Stamford, Conn.
And don’t forget to like them on Facebook so you can stay up-to-speed on all the highlights. Click here!
Here’s the schedule of events for the weekend:
The official weekend kickoff on Thursday evening brings the First Annual Raw Bar wine tasting to the festival. This evenings events will be held at L’Escale Restaurant in Greenwich.
The Most Innovative Chefs Gala on Friday evening, with special guests Geoffrey Zakarian and Jean-Georges, will feature the 2014 Most Innovative Chef winners from restaurants across Fairfield and Westchester Counties, as well as Jean-Georges, serving an incredible tasting menu. The evening will also include elite wines, premium liquor, an exclusive auction and a live musical performance by Marshall Tucker Band.
On Saturday, the Culinary Village, the center of the entire GREENWICH 2014 WINE+FOOD FESTIVAL, will offer tastings and demonstrations from more than one hundred food, wine, spirits and product vendors. Culinary demonstration tents and stages will house cooking presentations by celebrity chefs and local talent. Guests will also enjoy sommelier presentations, a beer garden, celebrity chef book signings, the third annual Burger Battle, BBQ Pit Masters’ Tasting Tent and live musical performances by Alabama. For the first time this year, the event will also include a Top Bartender Showdown, Food Truck Corner and a special ticketed event, Tequila and Tostadas hosted by Aaron Sanchez. This event will take place rain or shine at the Roger Sherman Baldwin Park in Greenwich.
Tickets range in price from $95 (Saturday night only) to $600 (VIP for the whole weekend). General tickets for Saturday are $135.
Looking forward to the event already!
-Cristina & Jeff