After a crazy week, the last thing you want to do on a Friday night is cook a difficult meal. So we turned to McCormick Skillet Sauces to make things a little easier on us. After work, I swung by our local Walmart and picked a few packages up and with 7 sauces to choose from at only $1.69, I was excited to get home and have a yummy, easy meal. Oh… and relax a bit.
Fajita Chicken Tacos
- 1 package of McCormick Fajita with Roasted Chili, Garlic, & Lime Skillet Sauce
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- Olive oil
- Crushed red pepper to taste (optional)
- 2 jalapeño peppers, chopped (optional)
- 1 avocado, mashed with salt & pepper
- 6 corn tortillas, lightly heated in the oven
- 1 small handful of cilantro, washed & chopped
- 1 lime, cut into small wedges
- 1 cup of cooked brown rice (served on the side)
Start prepping by chopping up all your veggies. We like our food spicy, so I added in some hot jalapeño peppers.
To start, cover the bottom of a non-stick pan lightly with olive oil. Place the chicken tenders in the pan to sear – about 2 minutes a side – then remove and set aside. I added in some crushed red pepper in while I seared the chicken for some additional spice, but that’s optional. Slice or pull the chicken up into small pieces/shreds. Note: you don’t need to salt & pepper the chicken – there’s plenty of flavor in the McCormick Skillet Sauce.
Next, add in the veggies to the pan with a little more olive oil and cook for about 5-10 minutes until they are cooked to your liking. Once the veggies are cooked, add the chicken back in along with the Fajita Skillet Sauce. Let simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently so everything is covered by the yummy sauce.
Now you’re ready to serve. I quickly mashed up an avocado with some salt and pepper, then threw 6 small corn tortillas in the oven for 2 minutes. I also chopped up some cilantro and cut up a lime for garnish.
To build your taco, put a small amount of the chicken mixture in the center of your taco, top with a bit of guacamole, cilantro, and a squeeze of a lime. Try not to over-stuff your tacos.
Since the Chicken Fajita Tacos came out so good, we were eager to try out another flavor. So instead of ordering out, we made our own Asian inspired dinner!
Asian Style Lettuce Wraps
- 1 package of McCormick Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry Skillet Sauce
- 1 pound lean ground chop meat (I prefer the ultra-lean all-natural kind)
- 1 head of Boston Bibb lettuce
- 1 small package of shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
In a non-stick pan, mix together the chop meat, mushrooms, and the Sesame Stir-Fry sauce and cook on medium-low heat for about 6-8 minutes until the mushrooms are tender and so that the chop meat doesn’t get overcooked.
To prepare your lettuce wraps, wash and dry the Boston Bibb lettuce thoroughly. Place a little chop meat mixture and a small scoop of brown rice in the center and that’s it! Eat!
Enjoy these delicious, easy meals!
-Cristina[SPONSORED POST BY MCCORMICK SPICES]